2013 RED ROBIN RIESLING - ($20 Per Bottle Price-Minimum 6 Bottle Order $120)
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- Gold Medal - 56 points out of 60 - 2014 Boutique Wine Awards
- 93 Points - James Halliday - 2015 Australian Wine Companion.
- Silver Medal - 2014 Royal Adelaide Wine Show
- Silver Medal - 90 points - 2014 Canberra International Riesling Challenge
- 90 Points - Australian Wine Showcase Magazine - March 2014
- Bronze Medal - 88 points - 2014 Royal Melbourne Wine Show
- Bronze Medal - 2014 Royal Queensland Wine Show
Vintage - The 2012-13 vintage season provided ample rainfall though winter which filled underground aquifers & gave our deep rooted dry grown vines good access to moisture during the important spring & summer growth season. Such was the growth we had to spend considerable time in summer pruning back vines to open the canopy and provide good air circulation. The mild summer provided excellent slow ripening conditions and the resulting Riesling is one of our best to date.
Colour, Bouquet & Palate -
Colour - Pale straw and light green tones
Bouquet & Palate - Displays appealing clean nose with lifted lemon blossom aromas. This wine is a perfectly balanced delicious Riesling combining a refreshing acidity with luscious mouth filling lemon citrus flavours that excite the pallet and linger to a long dry, clean & delightful fruit driven finish. Like fine dark chocolate, one taste of this premium Riesling will not be enough, it begs to be enjoyed with food and friends or whilst just relaxing with your favourite book and music.
With its riper flavour and lovely acid balance this Riesling is a perfect accompaniment to spicy Asian cuisine, soups, casseroles, pork and chicken dishes.
With Careful Cellaring to 2020
Alcohol - 11.28 %
Acid - 7.23 g/Litre
pH - 2.95
RS - 4.40 g/L
Cellar - With Care to 2023